A new position within our company has been created, and we’re looking for a super-bright Quality
Assurance Tester to join our team. We’re looking for somebody who will balance the need to
deliver a project bang on time, whilst ensuring every client experiences an amazing top quality
customer journey along the way. As a dedicated test engineer you’ll operate as a crucial member
of our collaborative agile team, working to deliver high-quality solutions in an iterative manner, with
continuous integration and automated testing.
You’ll need to analyse systems to determine what tests are required, in order to achieve the
objectives within each testing stage.
As our test engineer you need to work with your colleagues within the business to ensure that all
changes and systems maintenance meet the required quality and business requirements.
- You will be required to analyse systems to determine what tests are required in order to achieve
the objectives within each testing stage.
- You’ll work closely with our team of developers, and our Head of Digital to ensure we learn from
any issues which crop up, and help refine our processes accordingly.
- You’ll also get the opportunity to explore the future of all things VR and AI along with our CEO Mylo
- Great command of written and spoken English is essential.
- You’ll get 100% support from us to help you grow your skills and master your craft.
- Creation and execution of test scripts, recording outcome of tests, escalation of defects and
identified opportunities for product improvement.
- Hands on testing of all functional modules
- Working in a cross functional team
- Liaising with other software testers and implementation staff to facilitate the testing of software
- Liaising with members of the development team in order to provide Test feedback and over
specific test outcomes e.g. for exploration and resolution of defects identified;
- Creation and maintenance of suitable test environments for all software testing to take place. This includes the set-up of the software being tested and populating or configuring test data.
- Preparation and execution of test plans and test scripts. Amend or update test materials to
ensure lessons learned are reflected in future testing activities;
- Ability to understand software specification/requirements and to interpret acceptance criteria and
derive tests accordingly
- Knowledge and experience of using web test automation technologies
- Experience of testing web solutions and apps (iOS and Android) on devices or emulators
- Understanding and experience of testing web technologies
- Experience of working with Development teams to test using test harnesses
- Experience diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving quality issues
- Testing the integration hooks between modules, applications, and system
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Creation of test scenarios and test scripts.
- Sound understanding of software testing techniques and QA processes
- Methodical and thorough approach to investigation and solution of problems
- Dedication to quality and meticulous approach
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A passion for delivering the highest quality work
- Excellent people skills.
- One year+ in testing role
- £25000 – £35000
- 30 Days holiday (inc Bank Holidays, Birthday)
- Pension Scheme
- Private BUPA health scheme (Eye, Dental, Prescriptions)
- Personal development plan
- Flexible working (Inc early finish, every Friday)
- £5,000 after five years service
- £500 Training and conference budget
- £25 Headphone allowance
- Wednesday afternoons free to master a new skill
- Paid for volunteering in the community
- Paid for day off on your birthday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Laptop scheme
- £1,000 referral bonus
- Paid for mobile phone insurance
- Discounted gym membership